Dates to Remember:
● Sunday, February 10, 2019 – Online Donations Close at Midnight
● Tuesday, January 22, 2019 – Pledge Envelopes Go Home (kick-off assembly)
● Monday, February 11, 2019 – Pledge Envelopes Due (do NOT return before this date)
● Tuesday, February 12, 2019 – Dance-a-thon Day
Dance-a-thon is not only really fun for our kids, but it also gives them a chance to personally contribute – through fundraising – to their school community! Not only can they feel good about their efforts, they are also raising money for their school and classrooms. Involve your family and friends to help support our school-wide goal of $9,000.
Here’s what you need to know:
How to Donate:
There are three ways to donate: 1. Online donations: Visit www.pledge.me and select ‘Pine Grove PS’ to start the online donation process. Next, choose between:
● ‘Halton School Cash Online’ link for a tax receipt. Detailed directions can be found below.
● ‘Professor Jamz’ link for a quick and easy donation process. No profile required. You will need to know your student’s name, class number or teacher.
2. Cash donations: Collect cash from friends and family and drop it in the pledge envelope.
3. Cheques: Made out to “Pine Grove Public School”
** Please put all cash and cheques in the pledge envelope provided through the slot at the top of the envelope. **
Our Goals for Dance-a-thon:
1. Individual Goal: $25. Every student who raises this amount will receive a free Town of
Oakville Swim/Skate Pass – just in time for Family Day! 2. School Goal: $9,000. If we raise this amount, two lucky raffle draw winners will get to be
Principal and Vice-Principal for a day! Sit in their chairs for part of a day and run the school. You get one raffle ticket in the draw for every $10 you raise. 3. Participation Goal: 100% student participation!
Dance Day Details:
● Wear red, white and pink for the season and show your school pride!
● Every grade will get their chance to move and groove to ‘DJ Professor Jamz and the Spin Machine’ video dance party.
● Want to make a music request? Go to www.pledge.me and find the Pine Grove School page to ask for your favourite song!
● Cosmic Store: Light up items will be available for purchase between $2-5. Every child will receive a free glow bracelet.
● Want to help out on dance day? We are looking for parents to help run the Cosmic Store on February 12. Keep an eye out for the Sign Up Genius sign up request.
Prizes: Lots of ways to win! To help encourage the student to become involved, we are excited to offer the following prizes. Thank you to these local businesses for their generous donations!
● Individual Prizes for top earners:
○ Laser Quest Birthday party for 10
○ Canada’s Wonderland day passes (2 regular day admissions)
○ Town of Oakville three-month family swim/skate pass
● Raffle prizes: Every $10 raised gives you one ticket in the raffle draw!
○ Splitsville Party Pack (2 hours of bowling for up to 6 people)
○ Aerosports, four 1hr jump passes
○ Film.ca movie night for two (two admissions, two popcorns and two drinks)
● Class prizes: Pyjama Party and Movie for the highest earning classes in the following grades:
○ Grade 2-3, Grade 4-5 and Grade 6-8.
○ Second prize for these grades is a free choice gym period
● Class participation prize! Two $25 Scholars Choice gift cards, to be used for classroom needs, for each class with the highest % of students participating in fundraising.
○ Even a $10 donation counts!
Instructions for online donations through School Cash Online: ‘Halton School Cash Online’ – Tax Receipts
● On the www.pledge.me website, select the ‘Halton School Cash Online’ website link, and select ‘make a donation.’ You must ensure the following fields are filled out: ~Fund destination: ‘Pine Grove PS’ ~This gift is: ‘In Honour Of’ ~Name of honoree: ‘Student Name’ (e.g., John Smith) ~Message: THIS FIELD IS NOT OPTIONAL. ‘Class number, teacher name, Dance-a-thon’ (e.g., 3-4, Mme Fantastique, Dance-a-thon). This helps distinguish between students with the same name.
Brought to you by the Pine Grove School Council Your Dance-a-thon Committee: Catherine Arcand-Pinette, Kim Czender, Gina Boeda, Tracy Stirling, Jessica Sims Follow the screenshot below to ensure that your Halton School Cash Online donation is processed properly. Failure to complete all the fields could result in the student not receiving your donation. Student name and class number are required.